Friday, May 1, 2009

Kay Arthur on Hebrews 11

Nancy Leigh DeMoss recently had Kay Arthur talking about "Grounded in God's Word."  Click here to read the entire manuscript and discover why Romans is the first book she ever studied and taught. Also, she says that at the age of 73 she is going through the deepest trial of her life.  It's worth reading the entire manuscript. But this is what Kay Arthur said about Hebrews 11 and faith:

I have written at the top of Hebrews 11, “Faith is not faith until it’s tested.” It’s in the trial that I see:

  • Do I really believe God?
  • Do I really believe He’s sovereign?
  • Do I really believe that He’s omniscient?
  • Do I really believe that all things work together for good?
  • Do I really believe I’m accounted as a sheep for the slaughter?
  • Do I really believe that I am to be put to death all day long?
  • Do I really believe that neither nakedness, peril, or sword can separate me from the love of God?” (See Romans 8:28-37).
  • Do I really believe all that?
  • Do I really believe my sins are forgiven?
  • Do I really believe I can’t change the past, so therefore I’m going to move to the future and allow God to take the past and mold me and make me into what I’m supposed to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment