Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year 2011

Happy New Year to everyone. As I read posts on Facebook and Twitter, I sense almost everyone is glad 2010 is gone and we look forward to a new year. Isn't that so natural for us as humans? I would most likely say that each year as been that way because we remember the hurts, pains, disappointments and losses more than we remember the gains, joys and achievements. The negative has a way of staying with us longer.

So, we look forward to a new year praying it will be better. The honest fact that in-and-of-itself, it most likely won't. Our hope for a better new year is only found with "Christ in us - the hope of glory."

One of the disciplines that will ensure a stronger and healthier year is a regular reading of the Word of God. I have "The One Year Bible" which I have loved, but I recently found a new document that I am going to use. It is a two year plan. Why this plan? It takes the reading in smaller blocks and and you read a Psalm or Proverb every day. Plus, you read through the Psalms and Proverbs four times in two years.

Here is the resource that you can download it and print it off.

For the new year, the Lord gave me the word "RUN" Hebrews 12:1. We are in a race as Christians and we are further along in the race than we have ever been. I don't like to run physically, but spiritually I must not become lazy, resistant and "out-of-shape." I am in a marathon and I must continue well in my preparation and performance. The book of Hebrews is filled with warnings to believers "not to quit." The closer we get to the finish line, we need to:

R - Resist those things that would hinder us in our race (Satan, people, thoughts, places)
S - Shake off hindrances (even something as small as "dust")
T - Tighten up some doctrines, disciplines
U - Upward look - keep looking to Jesus, "the author and finisher our faith."

So, happy new year and welcome 2011!! I do welcome what God has for me, my family and church family in 2011. God is good and faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment