Sunday, January 1, 2012

With Confidence We Welcome 2012

It is with great confidence we welcome 2012. Confidence for the future? YES - even though most of the time we think of the future as uncertain and with questions. But listen to Charles Haddon Spurgeon describe the comfort and security we have because of the sovereignty of Christ:

"I am sure there is no more delightful doctrine to a Christian, than that of Christ's absolute sovereignty. I am glad there is no such thing as chance, that nothing is left to itself, but that Christ everywhere hath sway. If I thought that there was a devil in hell that Christ did not govern, I should be afraid that devil would destroy me. If I thought there was a circumstance on earth, which Christ did not over-rule, I should fear that circumstance would ruin me. Nay, if there were an angel in heaven that was not one of Jehovah's subjects, I should tremble even at him. But since Christ is King of kings, and I am his poor brother, one whom he loves, I give all my cares to him, for he careth for me; and leaning on his breast, my soul hath full repose, confidence, and security."

So with confidence in the sovereignty of our dear Lord who is my Saviour and God; I welcome 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment