Monday, April 21, 2014

Meditating on God's Word

Consider these statements about meditating on God’s Word:
"This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success" (Joshua 1:8).

"How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the path of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers! But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night" (Ps. 1:1-2).

"Thy word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against Thee" (Ps. 119:11).

'"I will meditate on Thy precepts, and regard Thy ways" (Ps. 119:15).

"Even though princes sit and talk against me, Thy servant meditates on Thy statutes" (Ps. 119:23).

"And I shall lift up my hands to Thy commandments, which I love; and I will meditate on Thy statutes" (Ps. 119:48).

"May the arrogant be ashamed, for they subvert me with a lie; but I shall meditate on Thy precepts" (Ps. 119:78).

"O how I love Thy law! It is my meditation all the day" (Ps. 119:97).

"I have more insight than all my teachers, for Thy testimonies are my meditation" (Ps. 119:99).

"How sweet are Thy words to my taste! Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" (Ps. 119:103).

"My eyes anticipate the night watches, that I may meditate on Thy word" (Ps. 119:148).

No comments:

Post a Comment