Thursday, November 12, 2015

From the Shepherd's Heart...Thursday, November 12, 2015

This Sunday is the last Sunday in the series "The God Who Forgives" as we look at one of the most alarming passages of Scripture in Matthew 12: 31-32 who tells us there is one sin God will not forgive.

This has to be one of the top five passages in all the Bible causing more anguish than any other; and rightly so.  A sin God will not forgive??

We will talk about this Sunday and look at what the Bible does say.

But Mark Taylor gives the best definition when he wrote, "Unpardonable sin is not a singular events for which a person later feels remorse.  It is an ongoing, willful, and active rejection of the testimony of the Holy Spirit concerning the person and truth of Christ, and it can only be committed by an unbeliever."

Great word.  Store that quote away or write in your Bible.

I have so thoroughly enjoyed this series of messages as it has caused me once again to know how completely our Father has forgiven us.  I am stronger for simply having studied, prepared and preached this series.  I hope the same for you.

Tomorrow night and this Sunday (3:30 and 6:00) are the last three presentations of "Chozen."  I hope you can make it and bring others with you.

November 22 I have the privilege of welcoming Mark Busby back to Rainsville First as he will be preaching in the morning service as we turn our heart and actions toward missions.

Then on Sunday night, November 22 I will be preaching the Community Thanksgiving Service at Plainview Church of God at 6:00.  Pray for me as I prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment