Friday, June 8, 2018

Friday, June 8, 2018...From the Shepherd's Heart

This has been a wonderful week of Vacation Bible School at Rainsville First Baptist.  For the first time in several years, I have taught a class and I have thoroughly enjoyed being with the fifth and sixth grade boys and girls.  I appreciate April Murdock, Luke Murdock and my wife, Roxanne, for their wonderful help.  I couldn't have done it without you.

The Southern Baptist Convention meets next week in Dallas.  The Pastor's Conference is Sunday and Monday and then the actual business sessions are Tuesday and Wednesday. 

You can watch the Pastor's Conference online here.

You can watch the Convention online here.

This Sunday, in my absence, Dr. Greg Martin returns to Rainsville First Family to preach.  He preached last year and you enjoyed his preaching.  I am delighted my friend for almost 30 years will be sharing the Word with you Sunday.

This Sunday night, a new friend, Mark Carr, will be preaching.  I have had the privilege of meeting Mark in the past year as he has moved back to DeKalb County.  Mark began his pastoral ministry at Geraldine First Baptist Church almost 20 years ago, but since then God has led him to several churches where he has had great ministries.

Now he and his family are living back here and our church family will have the privilege of hearing him Sunday night.

Our own, Don Meyer, will be leading on Wednesday night.  We are so delighted God brought Don and Grace to our church as they moved here from Mississippi to retire.

No comments:

Post a Comment