Sunday, January 3, 2021

From the Shepherd's Heart...January 3, 2021...My spiritual journey in 2020

 

I want to look at 2020 through the spiritual prism of my own experience hoping this might help someone.

When the shutdown began in March lasting through May, I was initially thinking this was going to be a great spiritual boost for me because I often take time away to pray, read and seek the Lord.  So what could be better than having that extended time?  But it turned out to be a "dud." It was not a spiritual boast, but a spiritual downtime.  There were no gatherings of God's people in worship and a spiritual burden that I carried for people who were having to miss these worship gatherings.

But just like God, when things changed in my spiritual walk in 2020 came totally unexpected.  Like the wind that comes without warning, so the Spirit came in freshness without warning. It happened in May when we started regathering.  Due to needing to maximize the seating in our Auditorium, we added seating on the platform and I chose to sit there so not to take away a seat on the main floor.  You see, I have not sat on the platform as a pastor during the music portion of the service in over 20 years since God had done a fresh work in my life concerning worship.  I did not want to be a distraction to others and I didn't want others to be a distraction to me.

So, I had to make a decision immediately on that first Sunday back in May...would I continue to worship without reservations like I had on the front pew for years or would I permit pride to keep me reserved.  Well, I had no choice - God is worthy no matter where I am or what is going on.  And God showed up so fresh in my life that literally lasted for six months.

Until..COVID.  I started preaching on healing in November and on Wednesday, December 2 I preached about "The Current Healing Ministry of Jesus."  Then the following night, the fever, body aches, and cough hit.  For 14 days I was in quarantine.  This was not a good time emotionally, mentally, physically, or spiritually.  After quarantine, I improved but knew I was still not "myself" emotionally, mentally, physically, or spiritually.  

Then just like in May, the Holy Spirit showed up without warning and restored all that COVID took.  And let me be very clear....I firmly, without hesitation, blame Satan for COVID on me.  I don't about you, but I believe it was because of what I was preaching on healing.  So, Satan I hate you worse than I ever have.  And I want more of Jesus and the Spirit than I ever have.  I don't want years to be known for wars, presidents, or pandemics.  I want them to be known for what God did in my life.  2020 has been a great year and 2021 will be even greater because as I said last Sunday in my sermon, "There are no reruns with the Holy Spirit.  Everything is fresh."  

No comments:

Post a Comment