Monday, January 14, 2008

Update on "Call to New Beginning"

I apologize for not writing over-the-weekend but I was literally on the road all day Friday taking me to new places in Alabama where I've never been. Part of my travel took me from Tuscaloosa west to Millport, AL and then back up Highway 17 to Hamilton, AL. Then I was home most all day Saturday and never had internet connection long enough to write and send my blog.

God has still been speaking to me about the life of Ishmael and Isaac. Here are some observations:

I wonder how many sons and daughters "the church" has birthed in the flesh over the years promoting a gospel of saying a prayer or walking down the aisle. While we may have meant well and did not mean to deceive, just doing those things or a host of other things that could be mentioned does not result in being an authentic son of God.

But I noticed that after the birth of Ishmael God renewed the covenant with Abram and Sarai (Genesis 17) and even changed their names to Abraham and Sarah. This speaks to me of the God who is still committed to get it right even with imperfect beings. That sounds like my case. I am glad God will give preachers and churches second chances and renew them to His purposes even if they have produced a lot of "flesh" instead of "spirit" babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment