Sunday, April 26, 2009

Well Glory

Well Glory! What a weekend that we have experienced in the presence of God in the opening weekend at our new property. Let me give you a recap:

Friday night we had a major youth concert that filled the new auditorium with youth and adults for a good night of worship. Darrin English preached between the two bands and did a fabulous job, as he always does.

Then Saturday morning, we met at 8:00 to "March" from the old facility to the new. It was a unique experience that few ever get to experience in changing locations. As we marched, we went by Word of Truth Church, so we stopped and prayed for them. It is rather unique, but today (Sunday) is also the day Word of Truth is installing a new pastor, Mitchell Reed, and I had the privilege of attending the installation service this afternoon.

As we gathered at the new place, we started praying and then began over 25 hours of uninterrupted reading of the Word of God. It was one of the most powerful experiences that I have been involved in personally and with the church.

What a joy to read aloud the Word of God for 15 minutes. The Holy Spirit would just come in freshness and power. Then to sit in the auditorium to listen to others read and it would happen again. Then to experience members of the church read and begin to weep as they read portions of Scripture. The old, the young, families, widows, children, - all taking part. I actually did not want to leave because I was afraid I would miss something.

We read straight to the beginning of worship this morning. Then with almost a full house for our first service, the presence of God was so evident.

One other observation - amazingly the building already feels like home. I did not expect that. I anticipated that it would take time to adjust and get that "home" feeling. But it just "felt" right. I believe that is largely due to a long time of sowing into that property. Over three years someone would come on that property and pray. Then we have had prayer meetings there and have shed much sweat and tears. And then may be it was the presence of God that made it feel so good.

One of new members said to me that the first time he went into building months ago, he felt the presence of the Lord. Oh, that is my cry - your presence Lord.

Well, it has been a great weekend. I could write much more as my journal is filled with over four pages of notes that God said to me or experiences with Him in the past two days; but that is enough here.

So I conclude by saying, "Well Glory!"

No comments:

Post a Comment