Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Why You Need the Old Songs too

There is no one who loves the new songs and the old, like me. I have always said that I'm not giving up on the hymns and I want me children to know the hymns. But I also like the "old songs" - some that I heard my Dad sing years ago. Now let's be truthful, not all the "old songs" are biblical. So we don't keep anything just because it's "old."

The other day I was singing one of choruses of one of them but couldn't remember the verses. I wondered if I could even find it, but the first hymnal I picked up had it. And when I begin singing it, there was an immediate "Spirit gush." Here are the words:

"There is a balm in Gilead to make the wounded whole;
There is a balm in Gilead to heal the sin-sick soul.

Sometimes I feel discouraged, And think my work's in vain,
But then the Holy Spirit Revives my soul again."

WELL GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment