Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sanctity of Human Life Sunday, January 23, 2011

On January 22, 1973, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled 7-2 in support of abortion; Roe v. Wade changed the course of American history. While some celebrate, those who cherish life, we look at that day as a tragedy, as we seek to build a culture of life.

The Alabama Baptist reported this week that “sometime in 2010 a doctor in the U.S. performed the nation’s 53 millionth legal abortion.” That is the size of a medium-sized country.

“Imagine the outcry if the people of Spain (46.1 million) were destroyed by another nation,” C. Ben Mitchell, professor of moral philosophy at Union University in Jackson, TN., said.

As believers, we must not be in a moral fog about this number one, highest ranking issue in the U.S. It is not the economy, jobs, the national debt or health care - but the multiplied million of deaths of unborn children.

Sanctity of Life Scriptures

Job 33:4 - ...the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

Psalm 119:73 - Your hands made me and formed me; ....

Genesis 1:27; Psalm 95:6; Acts 17:24-25


God Creates and Fashions Life within the Womb

Job 10:8-12 - Your hands shaped me and made me. ...You gave me life and showed me kindness, and in your providence watched over my spirit.

Psalm 139:13-16 - For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. God is the creator of life. God creates and fashions life within the womb.

Jeremiah 1:5 - Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.

Genesis 25:21; 29:31; Job 31:15; Isaiah 44:2, 24; 49:1-5

Since God is Life and the only source of Life; who else can give it?


The Incarnation of Jesus Begins with Conception

Luke 1:31 - You will be with child and give birth to a son, ....

Matthew 1:20 - .."Joseph ..do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Ghost."


The Unborn are Treated as Persons in the Bible

Psalm 51:5 - ..I have been a sinner from birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

Luke 1:41-44 - When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. In a loud voice she exclaimed, " . . . As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy."

Psalm 139: 13-16


Conception and Children are a Gift from God

Exodus 23:25-26 - Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life-span.

Psalm 127:3-5 - Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.

The incarnation of Jesus begins with conception.

Genesis 25:21; 29:31; 33:5; I Samuel 1:1-20; Psalm 51:5


God Forbids the Taking of Human Life

Genesis 9:6 - Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man.

Exodus 20:13 - You shall not murder.

Exodus 21:22-25 and remember the moral law of God does not change


We are to Defend and Protect Life

Psalm 10:17-18 - You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry, defending the fatherless and the oppressed in order that man, who is of the earth, may terrify no more.

Psalm 41:1 - Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the Lord delivers him in times of trouble.

Proverbs 31:8-9 - Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.


God Forgives the Sin of Abortion

Roman 5:20-21 - The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 John 1:9


These Bible verses were compiled by: Christian Life Resources
2949 N. Mayfair Road, Suite 309, Milwaukee, WI 53222-4304

No comments:

Post a Comment