Monday, August 20, 2012

What A Wonderful Change in My Life

I want to share this week the major thoughts from the sermon yesterday (8-19-12) at CrossRoads Baptist Church.  I continued to speak about the Transformation that must take place in our lives as believers.  For those who follow this blog or are members of our fellowship, you know I have been in Romans 12: 1-2 for three weeks.  But I don't know a more urgent message than Romans 12:2.  I am in chains of the Spirit to remain here to explore the meaning more adequately of this verse.  (Sorry, there is currently no audio of this message.)

You can view the notes of the previous messages by clicking on the date:  August 5    August 12

Romans 12:2 "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." (NKJV)

The thought of "be transformed" in the very word for metaphoris.  The unique, work of creation of a caterpillar becoming a butterfly.

As I meditated on that process and watched this video (click here for a four-minute video), I chose this definition for metaphors:  a visible change motivated from within.  I believe that definition is true for a butterfly and for a Christian.

A Christian is not a make-over, a do-over or a person "who has always been one."  No, he is a converted being - a person brought from death to life - a person born from above (Heaven of the Holy Spirit).

We often sing and it is so true:

"What a wonderful change in my life has been wrought;
since Jesus came into my heart.
I have light in my soul for which long I had sought,
Since Jesus came into my heart."

The Christian life begins with a dramatic, visible change and continues with visible changes until he/she at last will die and be transformed (one big visible change) into the very presence of God.

More tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment