Friday, June 10, 2016

From the Shepherd's Heart, Friday, June 10, 2016

This Sunday is the last message in the "Coming Home" series based from Luke 15.  The last two Sundays we have talked about our identity through the eyes of Adam and Jesus as they saw themselves as a "son of God."

This Sunday, we bring it home to us and how we see ourselves (our identity) and how that affects our lives.  We will look at both the prodigal and elder son - because neither of them knew their true identity.  But one did recover it!!!

We are having a worship service this Sunday night!!!  It has been awhile with all the other services going on, but we will gather again as a church family this Sunday night at 6:00 for worship. I will continue my series "Worship: The Passion of God for God" with part two of a message "The Body Language of Praise."

Then I am preparing to speak to the Transgender Issue on Sunday, June 19 in the 10:15 service as it relates to our identity.  Continue to pray for me as I prepare.

And next Wednesday night (June 15) I am going to give you a "test" Dr. Peter Lord developed to determine if you are a turkey or eagle.  Remember that story from the first message I shared in the identity series.  That will be a fun night.

I am honored to be the preacher at Rainsville First.  Thanks for loving me and praying for me.  I will see you Sunday as we gather with a Bible under our arm, a smile on our face and our family and a friend by our side.  Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment