Friday, August 9, 2019

From the Shepherd's Heart...Friday, August 9, 2019

I do not preach much topically and in my later years of preaching, I have not preached many topical series. 

But as I ponder some "one-hit" sermons this August, the truth of Ephesians 5:33 is one of the greatest truths I have ever learned about marriage. 

Roxanne and I were introduced several years ago to a book Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs.  It is a book that changed our marriage and I have shared the book many times. 

The book is based on Ephesians 5:33 so I sense the Lord leading me to share this Biblical truth this Sunday morning.

Is there one thing a husband needs more than anything else?  Is there one thing a wife needs more than anything else?  Ephesians 5:33 does give only one command to the wife in regard to what her husband needs and only one command to the husband in regard to what the wife needs.

Love and respect...this Sunday morning.

Also Sunday we have our New Member Class immediately following the morning service.  We currently have 24 signed up.  In addition, all the staff and three Deacon couples will join us for a wonderful time of fellowship and sharing about Rainsville First Family.  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment