Monday, July 14, 2008

Pray for Aaron Johnson

Someone has said that if you have one-or-two lifelong friends, you are indeed blessed.  Well, I am blessed for the friendship of Aaron Johnson.  Aaron and I were raised in Boaz, graduated high school together and have even grown closer through the years since we are both pastors. Aaron currently serves as Pastor of Summit Baptist Church, Acworth, GA.

Aaron is the one God used to get me to Northwest Alabama where I have served now for almost four years.  Aaron is responsible for me being involved with the North Alabama Center of New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, even since the mid-90's when it started in Boaz.

The best news (haha) is I get to kid him every year because he is a month-and-a-day older than me, so he is "the old man."

Well, Aaron is a colon cancer survivor and received his five-year clear report this past winter. But in April, his doctor told him that his remaining colon had to be removed.  After much inquiry and prayer, he has chosen a procedure done only in about four places in the U.S. and one of those is in St. Petersburg, FL.

I am flying down tomorrow to be with him, Denise, Denea and Jordan for the surgery on Wednesday.  Please, pray for Aaron and his family plus the doctors and all involved in the surgical procedure.

If you would like to keep up with his progress (he will be in the hospital there for at least 21 days), then a blog has been created where you can get the latest update.  The blog is located in my Blog listing.  The address is http://pastoraaronjohnson.blogspot.com.  

Thanks for your prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment