Monday, October 13, 2008

Columbus Day Update

It has been too long since I've added an entry and for that I apologize. So let me catch up:

* September was a very busy month. To give you an idea, I went three weeks without an off day so may be that tells why I've not be blogging.
* Spent six days in Honduras with Bro. Bobby Gibson doing a Pastor's Conference. Most delightful and it was a great joy to see the ministry there rebounding after some tough days.
* Reagan McBride had her halo removed and was able to be at church for the first time since April. Her mom and dad also spoke giving their testimonies to a tearful church family.
* Reagan is also being weaned off the trek.
* Mrs. Gail Stokes is improving in the Heart Transplant Intensive Care Unit at UAB. They are also beginning to wean her off the trek.
* Our oldest son bought a house in Glencoe this month and moved in last week. We are going to have a wedding next summer and we are excited. And our youngest son did move in with him so they are still living together until at least spring.
* The new church building is looking awesome. It is so exciting to see it coming together. The auditorium is looking better than expected. Items left to be done: minor painting, cabinets installed, kitchen equipment to be delivered, paving, carpet laid, ceiling hung and ac finished installed.
* Roxanne and I celebrated our 28th anniversary with a few days off. Mainly it was spent in Gadsden with our boys trying to get them moved into their new home.
* Our church ordained Lin Liles yesterday as a new Deacon. What a great day for our church. We have ordained four new deacons in the past 13 months and for that I am grateful for the young men in our church who are showing such great Christian maturity.

I have alot of material I want to share with you so hopefully I can get back to blogging on a more regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment