Thursday, January 29, 2009

Celebration of John Calvin's 500th birthday

John Calvin was born July 10, 1509 in Noyon, France. His life has most likely had the greatest influence on Christendom since Paul.

In celebration of his life, many are calling for a reading (or re-reading) of his Institutes. While I have no plans on during that, I do find with great interest someone who is doing a weekly "Insights and Instructions from Calvin's Institutes."

I have never met Dr. Sam Storms but I like him. He has recently moved to Oklahoma City to pastor again (Bridgeway Church) after having an itinerant ministry for several years. His ministry is Enjoying God Ministries and his web site is full of helpful teaching.

He writes a weekly email (sometimes two a week) and is currently devoting it to meditations on selected portions of the Institutes. You might enjoy it as I am. It is a "smaller spoon" by which to relive some of Calvin's teachings.

You can subscribe here if you wish. I think you would enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment