Thursday, January 1, 2009

Praise and Pray in 2009

Tuesday I received the weekly email from our Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission headed by Dr. Richard Land. The lead article was “We will not be silent.” It was an article promising that the Commission would “not be silent in the face of full-scale assault upon Judeo-Christian values” in 2009.

Certainly there are going to be political challenges in the coming days to our Christian faith. I agree that as an American citizen we have the right to orderly protest and as believers we are to be “salt and light.”

However, God just spoke to me and said, “The two things needed more than protest in 2009 are praise and prayer.” WOW—instead of whining, praise. The more I focus on problems and bad situations, the worse attitude I get. But praise helps me remember that God is big and in control.

And I believe our greatest voice will be heard when we pray instead of protest. The Church has been woefully inadequate in the ministry of prayer, but this may prove as a wake-up call and move us into our finest hour.

The true church always thrives best in persecution and problematic times. It is time for the church to arise - to praise and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment