Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pastors must be filled with visions and dreams

Through the years, as a pastor, I have often let the enemy whisper in my ear, "You don't need to keep casting new ideas to the people. Let them rest. They get tired of your new ideas and directions."

Last night as I was driving to preach, I was meditating on what God had laid on my heart for the one-night revival and he reminded me of Acts 2 on the Day of Pentecost. Peter quoted Joel 2:28-32 "...I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions, your old men shall dream dreams. And on My menservants and on My maidservants..."

I got to thinking. You know that your pastor is either a young man or an old man. Right? And you pray to God that He is filled with the Spirit. Right? Then YOU SHOULD EXPECT HIM TO BEING HAVING VISIONS AND DREAMS AS THE ORDINARY!!!!

Glory. So, if the pastor is not having dreams and visions birthed by the Spirit of God for the church, then something is wrong.

By the way, if every member of the church (men and women) is not having the same, then something is wrong. Ephesians 5:18 is not a suggestion. It is a command - "Keep on being filled with the Spirit."

The Spirit-filled life is not reserved for the elite, the "really serious" or the pastor. And if I was a "layman" (I hate that term) and just read that - I would just shout GLORY. My pastor, or Billy Graham, or anyone else doesn't have something more than I can have. We all are equally endowed because of the cross, the empty tomb and Pentecost.

God is truly an equal opportunity employer. He does not discriminate due to race, gender, previous sins or denomination. I'll say it again, Well Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment