Friday, February 12, 2016

From the Shepherd's Heart...Friday, February 12, 2016

Hello church family.

I know its kinda late, but I just want to say Wednesday night was one of the most special nights of teaching that I have had while here.  I love it when the Holy Spirit does more than planned.  I'm glad to be a part of a Fishing, Fishy smelling church!!!!!!

And I must admit the Father is causing me to struggle about this Sunday.  Let me just put you on alert...God may be changing my message for this Sunday morning. If He does, I will let you know on Facebook, ASAP.

You see, while I love to preach verse-by-verse or in series of messages, I always allow my plans to bow to the plans of God if He wishes to change something.

Speaking of this Sunday....
3:45 - As many men as desired, we will be having a Time of Commitment for men to live Godly and committed lives.  The short session will begin at 3:45 in the auditorium.
4-7 - "Rekindle the Fire" Couples Night Out - FREE childcare for couples to spend time together.  We are committed to couples to have strong marriages and we are delighted to be providing this free care for you.  No Sunday night service this week.

Also this Sunday is "We Love our Children's Caregivers" Sunday.  All of our caregivers will be recognized Sunday by wearing a Red Heart and will be honored in the morning service.  Thank God for those precious people who care for our children during worship Sunday-after-Sunday.  You are so vital to the ministry of this church.

Our church is hosting the DeKalb County Bands tomorrow from 12-4.  We are delighted they are coming to RFBC and praying God will use this event to tear down any barriers folks might have to church.  They are coming back for three days in May.

Have you heard of Disaster Relief?  Southern Baptists have the third largest disaster relief organization in the world.  Residents of Rainsville and Sand Mountain should know well this great ministry due to the storm damage almost five years ago. Would you be interested in serving in this great organization?  There is a training at the DeKalb Mission Center March 4-5.  For more information contact Morris Clements at 256-717-8283 or Ken Allen at 256-347-2449.

6 WEEKS TO EASTER WEEKEND!!!!  Plan to be here Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday morning Easter Weekend!!!!

Love you!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment