Thursday, February 25, 2016

From the Shepherd's Heart...Thursday, February 25, 2016

This Saturday is the last day of our Upward Sports Ministry for the winter.  We have had a great year under the leadership of Whitey Wigley.  But no one can do it alone and this church has responded so well to being a coach, cheerleader sponsor, sharing devotions, and serving as greeters and concession helpers. It has been such a blast.

This Sunday during the morning service we will honor all of those who have served and then Sunday night we will have our Awards Night.  The "Crazy Tie Guy" will be with us.  Be here to welcome parents and children who have been a part of our program this year.  We have had Upward families in Sunday School, worship and even on Wednesday nights.  We want to see them regular members of our fellowship.

Had a great time last night with our youth doing a "Q & A."  Great questions.  I appreciate the ministry of Bro. Craig and Mrs. Melinda to our youth.  Then tomorrow night I will be with our children (32 registered) for their D Now weekend.  I appreciate Whitney's vision for this and her leadership for our children.

This Sunday I am finishing the series of messages "It All Begins with Prayer and Fasting" with a special service "A Call to Prayer."  I'm praying for God to move among us in a fresh way.  The series has lasted longer than I expected, but God has moved in my heart concerning prayer and I believe our church is stronger, as well.

The last four weeks have been phenomenal. I have had the privilege of training 35 care group leaders for our adult Sunday School classes.  Then last night we had 16 trained as greeters.  I am so pumped and excited.  Plus, March 5 our Sunday School leaders are going to "Spring Training" at Clements Baptist Church, Athens.

Let me say again, Sunday School is the single most important ministry in our church. It is the church organized and mobilized to be the church.  The foundation of our church is going deeper and wider. Thank you church for your response to serving and doing whatever we need to.

Easter Weekend Services are four weeks away.  Just plan to be apart of Friday (Good Friday), Saturday and Sunday morning services.  Easter weekend is the high water mark for Christians.  Plan to celebrate in all three services plus invite others to come with you. More next week.

I will be out-of-the-office all next week as I attend the Alabama Baptist Evangelism Conference in Montgomery and then drive to Charlotte, NC for a conference on Thursday.  Love you Rainsville First Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment