Wednesday, May 18, 2016

From the Shepherd's Heart...Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Looking forward to returning to a "normal" Wednesday night with us opening the Word of God to Philippians 1: 21-26.  We meet at 6:10 in the Auditorium.

Tonight is also the first Wednesday night business meeting which we will be doing through the summer.

The summer Children's studies begin tonight at 6:10 in the gym with Whitney leading a Bible study for new Christians.

I have not "officially" shared with the church but I will not longer be serving as the Director of the Huntsville Center for New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.  I have enjoyed seeing North Alabama getting the Master's program and seeing it flourish with two strong years.  I am looking forward to spending more Mondays in Rainsville plus assisting our capable director, Zack Richards, here at Rainsville Center.

Roxanne and I have finished our first cycle of "New Beginning" Class.  We will begin again in the fall.  It has been a wonderful time to spend 13 weeks with about 8 persons seeking more information about walking with Christ and joining our church.  Hopefully, it has provided a stronger foundation for them.

Our annual church picnic is this Sunday afternoon  beginning at 5:00 at the pavilion.  Hamburgers and hot dogs will be provided.  Bring side dishes, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese, pickles, chips, desserts, drinks, etc.  We will have a good time.

Have you ever been to Israel?  I am going December 29-January 7 and would love for you to go with me.  Two of my best pastor friends (Bobby Atkins, Atlanta and Barry Clingan, Dallas) are going.  It will be a trip-of-a-lifetime.  I was at a funeral home last night with Bobby and Barry (Barry's step-father passed away in Soddy-Daisy, TN) and one lady came up talking about with such excitement how ever time she goes to Israel it is more exciting than the previous time.

I will have an interest meeting in the Conference Room fifteen minutes after the morning service this Sunday, May 22 for those wanting to know more information.  There are brochures available in the church foyer or write me at david@rainsvillefirst.com and I will email you one.



No comments:

Post a Comment