Friday, August 19, 2016

From the Shepherd's Heart...Friday, August 19, 2016

My heart is excited as I prepare and pray for this coming Lord's Day here at Rainsville First Baptist Church.  I will finish the short series "Jesus, the Hometown Preacher" as we continue to preach the Gospel - good news of Jesus based on Luke 4: 16-21.

Sunday night I feel very led to share the message "Helping a Child Understand Salvation."  I first shared this with you last August, but I so believe that Christian parents should be leading their own children to the Lord that I want to share this message again.  Yes, the church partners with you, but since God did not bypass you bringing your child into the world physically, neither does He desire to bypass you to bring them into a spiritual birth.

Reminder:  with summer over, we are moving our monthly business meeting back to Sunday nights and our business meeting will be this Sunday night after the evening service.

Pray for me Tuesday night as I preach at the "Family Revival" at Beulah Baptist Church near Albertville.  I was blessed to be their pastor in the 80s and look forward to going back for this one night to share fellowship and worship with this great church.  Pastor Tony Holcomb is doing a great job of leading them to some of their greatest heights ever.  Service is at 7:00 this Tuesday.

My heart is saddened by the flooding in south Louisiana.  I love that part of this country due to having lived there in the 80s.  Pray for all that are suffering and the families of the 13 who have died.
Southern Baptist are there through Disaster Relief.  If you would like to give to help, our own Disaster Relief would be the best way to give.  Click here to learn more and donate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment