Friday, May 12, 2017

From the Shepherd's Heart....Friday, May 12, 2017

This Sunday is Mother's Day in the United States and it will be our joy and honor to recognize all the Ladies (not just mothers) who are present in worship this Sunday morning.

Also, it is interesting that I am coming to Luke 8 this Sunday.  I am there because last Sunday night I preached Luke 7:11-17 but in previous sermons I have dealt with the messengers sent from John the Baptist (Luke 7: 18-35) and the woman expressing her worship (Luke 7:36-50) I dealt with in a series of messages on Worship.

So, this Sunday we deal with the statement made by Luke that certain women "provided for Him from their substance."

What a shocking statement!!  We will observe why and give the honor due to the ministry of women to Jesus.

There is no Sunday night service this week due to Mother's Day.  Enjoy your time with family and friends.

I am delighted to announce Dr. Roger Mardis, Pastor, Agape Baptist Church, Scottsboro will be preaching for us on Sunday night, May 21 in the 6:00 service.  You don't want to miss hearing him. Roger has been a friend for many years and is one of the finest preachers in north Alabama.  He has been pastor in Scottsboro for almost 20 years.  He does not have Sunday night services during the summer so I asked him to come and preach for us.  I look forward to hearing him and I'm delighted you will be hearing him, as well.

See you Sunday.  Love you church family.

No comments:

Post a Comment