Friday, May 19, 2017

From the Shepherd's Heart....Friday, May 19, 2017

This Lord's Day is our Senior Recognition Service and I am looking forward to celebrating and honoring ten high school seniors from five different high schools. I will be sharing a message with them during a luncheon Roxanne and I host for them after the morning service.

Sunday morning I will begin looking at some of the most powerful verses in the Bible as recorded in Luke 8: 4-15 commonly called "The Parable of the Soils."  This Sunday I will deal with the first three soils in a message entitled "The Heart of a False Disciple."

The biggest question about this parable is to whom was it directed and to what does it describe?  You must answer these two questions before you can correctly apply the parable. Was it directed toward disciples or the crowd?  Does it describe the heart of a "saved" person or a "lost" person?

This Sunday I will only examine the first three soils to see what type of heart we have.

This is a two-part message that I will conclude May 28 with "The Heart of a True Disciple" based on the fourth type of soil.

Then Sunday night we have the high privilege of hearing a friend of mine, Dr. Roger Mardis.  As you can see, Roger is Pastor of Agape Baptist Church in Scottsboro and is celebrating his twentieth year in Scottsboro.  He is a great preacher and we will all enjoy hearing this man of God Sunday night at 6:00.

I love you and thank God for the privilege of being the preacher at Rainsville First.  Pray for me and I will be praying for you as we prepare our hearts for His Word this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment