Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Wednesday, September 19, 2018.....From the Shepherd's Heart

We have two more Wednesday nights left of the "Getting to the Heart of Parenting" DVD series by Paul David Tripp.

This is what I wrote after viewing last Wednesday night's teachings:

"Due to my absence for two weeks in Africa, last night was the first time I got to be with the church family while we are watching "Getting to the Heart of Parenting" by Paul David Tripp. This is at least the third time I've shown it to a church and most likely the fifth-sixth time I have seen it and it always speaks to me.
Last night on the topic of "Parenting 0-5-year-olds" he talked about submission to authority - without challenge, without excuse, and without delay. Then about honor - treating the parents with respect and esteem by not giving commands and not addressing them as peers.
Then he concluded on some great wisdom about spanking this age group. You don't hear that much anymore in even Christian circles. So needed.
And yet I sat there realizing I am to willingly submit to my Father without challenge, excuse, delay and to honor Him by not giving Him commands. And His discipline (spanking) of me is always with love.
Don't miss the next two Wednesday nights..."

So let me highly encourage you to be present tonight at 6:10 in the Auditorium for this wonderful teaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment