Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Being a Kingdom Citizen in 2019 by David O. Cofield

2019 is here!!  I welcome the new year because God has ordained it or else I would not be seeing you.

What are your plans for 2019?  Where are you hoping to go?  What are you hoping will happen?

As a believer in the Lord Jesus, I am a citizen of the Kingdom of God.  This citizenship is a greater priority to me than my national citizenship, the color of my skin or my gender as a man.

I have recently written a 21 Day devotional for our church that will be released this Sunday in our local church and on the web.  I am writing about prayer based out of Luke 11 which includes a "model" prayer offered by our Lord.  In that prayer, Jesus said to pray, "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven."

Oh, I pray as I enter 2019 that I will be more Heaven centered than earthly centered resulting in the Kingdom of God coming in power and purity in my life, in my family, in the church I call home and in my city, state, and country. 

As a citizen of the Kingdom of God, I will not ask if you are a male or female, an American or African, a Democratic or Republican, or if you are black or white...but are you converted and filled with Jesus through the fullness of the Holy Spirit.  If so, we are citizens of a nation of priests and kings ruling with heavenly authority who joins with John to say, "Even so, come, Lord Jesus!"  Come now - in my life, in my family, in my church, in my city or come for us to Heaven.  It doesn't matter ...just come!!!!

Moses told the Lord in Exodus 33: 15 "If Your Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here."  My prayer, .... Lord don't bring me in 2019 if it's going to be like 2018 and 2017 and 2016...if you don't have plans for your kingdom to come through us, then don't bring us into 2019.  But I throw open my arms to welcome 2019 because I believe it will be a greater year in my understanding of what it means to be a citizen of the Kingdom of God.  You will be with me because you are Jesus is about the Kingdom of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment