Saturday, October 24, 2020

From the Shepherd's Heart....Saturday, October 24, 2020


I have been teaching through Job all year seeing God bringing Job to the place in His life where answers were not what Job needed.  He needed a fresh, new, overwhelming revelation of God.  Job would not have understood the answers had God chosen to give them.  Plus, the answers would not have satisfied Job even though he demanded them often from God.  But when God showed up in the whirlwind twice (Job 38:1 and 40:6), discovering new revelation of the might of God was enough for Job.

Then this past Wednesday night I started a teaching on healing that I knew I would do when I started Job.  Since God did not heal Job for many, many years and the questions surrounding that, what is the Biblical understanding of healing.  In the process of teaching Wednesday night, I made this statement:  "What glorifies God is not your sickness but your perseverance and unwavering worship of Him in spite of your sickness."  

Then yesterday morning, I was reading My Utmost for His Highest and Oswald Chambers said, "Have we come to the place where God can withdraw His blessings and it does not affect our trust in Him?  When once we see God at work, we will never bother our heads about things that happen, because we are actually trusting in our Father in Heaven Whom the world cannot see."

Lord, let me find my complete satisfaction in knowing and enjoying You and not just seeing enjoying the blessings from You.

No comments:

Post a Comment