Monday, December 1, 2008

Some quotes

"Life isn't waiting for the storms to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."  (Unknown)

"When I really enjoy God, I feel my desires of him the more insatiable and my thirstings about holiness the more unquenchable...Oh, for holiness!  Oh, for more of God in my soul!  Oh, this pleasing pain!  It makes my soul press after God...Oh, that I might not loiter on my heavenly journey!"  (David Brainerd, eighteenth-century pioneer missionary to Native Americans)

"Hope is the present enjoyment of a future blessing.  Faith, on the other hand, is simply understanding God's goodness.  Hope brings the future into the present;  faith takes the present into the future."  (T.W. Hunt)

"...a neglected prayer closet is the beginning of all spiritual decline."  (Charles Spurgeon)

No comments:

Post a Comment