Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Anne Ortlund on revival

"Oh, God, do it again. Do it again. Do it again."

Since Labor Day I have been pursuing the theme of revival alternating Biblical texts and "contemporary" historical evidences of revival - all to wet our appetite for "God to do it again." No, when revival comes it will never be exactly anything in the past because we are all different people living in different times. It will be different, and yet similiar.

About then days ago God told me "the hay is in the barn." As of February 27, I will no longer continue the series of Sunday night talks about revival. Doesn't mean I won't preach about it, but the series is over.

Yet, I determined to continue to blog about it here. For a fire to stay ablazed, it must be fed fresh product or it will cease.

This past Sunday night I returned back to the Shoals for a wonderful day in Gadsden to go to Grace House to hear Dr. Jack Taylor. Even though I knew I would be late, I gambled that I would make it before he started preaching and I did. Guess what he preached on? Revival!!!

He said that he believes there will be a time in America when no one will have to go outside their county to experience a move of God. I have no reason to doubt that.

Just moments ago, I got up to begin reading and as I always do, I check Nancy Leigh DeMoss's topic of her program each day. She is one of the most gifted and annointed Bible teachers of our day. Her guest this week and some of last has been Anne Ortlund. Yesterday, I had a quote on this blog from her husband.

The previous days she has spoken about growing old graciously and widowhood - neither interested me very much. But this morning I open the email to see her topic and guess what it was - Revival!!!

So, click here and read it. The transcript of the program is too long to include here (though I have before). Oh, Lord - do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment