Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Story of Forgiveness due to revival

As regular readers of this blog and members of our fellowship know, I have been preaching/teaching on the subject of revival since Labor Day, 2010 ending mid-February. I am still reading about revivals and recently came across some information in the book A God-Sized Vision: Revival Stories That Stretch and Stir by Collin Hansen and John Woodbridge.

In that book, there is a fascinating story about revival in Kenya and how forgiveness flowed during revival. Let me share this story from page 130:

"A Kikuyu taxi driver from Nairobi, shaking and weeping, confessed that during three years as a terrorist he killed at least sixty people. Nevertheless, he felt God's love and knew God had forgiven him of all his sins. Still, one incident troubled him. 'But there may be a woman in this crowd whose husband I helped to hang in the bedroom, in front of her,' he said. 'Can such a woman forgive such a beast of a man?' Indeed, a woman approached him from the crowd, which hushed with anticipation. She reached out and grasped the hand of her husband's killer. 'I forgave you that night, when my husband prayed for you,' she said. 'You are now my brother."

WELL GLORY! That is the beautiful blessing of revival!!

No comments:

Post a Comment