Tuesday, December 29, 2015

From the Shepherd's Heart...Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Hello church family and throw open your arms as we welcome 2016!!!

My heart is so proud of this body of believers and excited for the spirit among us of doing whatever we need to do reach people.

First, you have given $16,207 to missions through the Lottie Moon Christmas offering.  That is a record!!!  Praise God!!!

Second, 230 came for the Christmas Eve Service.  WOW!  I pray it added much to your Christmas celebration. We will do it again!

Thirdly, your response to the Sunday School Rally has been very encouraging.  I have already heard of many of you contacting your Sunday School teacher about helping with Care Groups.  Wouldn't it be awesome before your teacher even starts this Sunday that he has had enough to step up that he would not have to ask for any others.  Thanks for your serving spirit. Training for secretaries and care group leaders will be in late January.

Lastly, a great response to the Drop-in Lord's Supper service Sunday night.  I know...I was too long with the families and made everything run a little (ok, a lot) late.  Thanks to all the Deacons who served, to Keith for providing music and to Garry for his lighting and sound.

Two words about policies:

1.  My personal wedding policies...I love premarital counseling and helping a couple prepare for marriage.  Just know, I will not marry anyone without at least four counseling sessions with me or someone approved (in case the couple lives away) before the wedding.  I love being a partner in Christian marriages.

2.  Winter Policies - It is my understanding that in case of bad weather on Wednesdays where schools are cancelled or dismissing early, then the church will not have services or activities that night.  Concerning Sunday services, we will announce on Facebook and our web site as quickly as possible concerning services.  If there are no announcements of canceling, then assume we are open and going.  As always, you do what is safe for you and your family.

I hope you enjoy this wonderful week of the year as we put the past behind us and prepare for the upcoming days.  Remember, we will not have any services or activities here tomorrow night.  See you Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment