Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Day Five in Ukraine

It has been a wonderful five days in Ukraine. I did get to spend a most delightful weekend with Tim and Donna Akers and family in Lviv. They were such wonderful hosts with KayLee giving up her bedroom for me, Mrs. Donna being such a wonderful cook (she was trained well by her mom), Levi letting me tickle him (not always willingly, but nevertheless), Shane wearing an orange shirt with blue jeans for me (he’ll most likely never wear that again now since I think its that he’s for Auburn) and Bro. Tim spending the day Saturday showing me the city. The stay was too short but most delightful. And I got to enjoy some family videos that Michelle sent to her family.

I was privileged to preach Sunday at the Grapevine Church in Lviv. This is a new church plant and it was a delight to see such a young, faithful church.

I flew back to Kiev on Monday morning and was met by my hosts here, Joel and MaryEllen Ragains. They are likewise IMB missionaries who just last week were approved by the IMB to be career missionaries. They are from the Graceland Baptist Church, New Albany, IN and have been here in Kiev for five years. What a delightful couple as our spirits and hearts are so kindred.

They hosted me in their home tonight for lasagna, green beans and salad. If I keep eating so well I may never come home (lol)

My first two days of teaching have gone well. I have six students in the class with four of them being church planters and two being in the pastoral leadership division of the school. They have received me very warmly.

I was delaying my post here so I could add some pictures and til I could get my laptop up and running here. Well, I have the laptop going and tonight when I went to get my pictures from Lviv and the seminary to upload, I realized I brought the wrong cord with me. So, I doubt I can run home to get it, so no pictures until I get home.

If you wish to see the seminary here, go to their web site at http://www.ktsonline.org/ then click on English in the upper right hand corner (unless you can read Russian). To visit the Ragains web site go to http://www.kievkonnect.com/. Oh, Bro. Joel and the Church Planting Division here graduate their first class next month – NINE students!! Congratulations to the students and to the Ragains.

Thanks for praying for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment