Thursday, April 17, 2008

Day Seven in Ukraine

Greetings from Kiev where the Sun is attempting to shine today. It has rained often since being here seven days, but oddly most of the rain has been at night. Anyway, I’m not trying to be a weatherman.

I am humbled that God is blessing our time here. Yesterday during our class, we had a group of visitors from ALABAMA! As you may know, the Alabama Baptist State Convention has a partnership with Ukraine and this group of pastors (about six) led by the Director of Missions had been in Ukraine for a week and is headed home today. But they visited the Seminary to talk with Bro. Joel about how they could partner with his vision of church planting. It was good to see a brother with an Auburn shirt on. Haha

The pastors were from the Covington Baptist Association and their Director of Missions, Larry Cummings. This is in LA - Lower Alabama. The assoication is based in Andalusia, AL.

Congratulations to Stephen and Becki McGee on the birth of their son, Landon Alexander. He was born Tuesday.

I heard about the great move of the Spirit last night at CrossRoads. That does a pastor’s heart good!! I miss being there, but my heart is for those who attend to meet God in a life-changing way; so it doesn’t matter if it’s when I’m there or another servant of the Lord is leading. Let’s just meet God!!

Nancy Leigh DeMoss has done it again. I’ve been catching up on some of her radio shows and today she is teaching from I Samuel 25 and Nabal and David. Read the entire message here. She gave an acrostic that is very good. I had to share it with you.

H-A-L-T

If you are…
H Hungry
A Angry
L Lonely
T Tired

then you need to HALT before you speak or respond to an issue.

Good advice.

By the way, I’m so proud of myself. To get into my blog here, it is all in Russian. I was able to figure it out with assistance. But I must be honest, it was not because I could read the Russian words, but that the buttons and words are in the same place on the page as they are in English. So I just guessed and got it right. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment