Friday, August 25, 2017

From the Shepherd's Heart...Friday, August 25, 2017

I stand in amazement of the timing of God in our preaching schedule.  I am finishing Luke 9 this Sunday and on Wednesday nights I am continuing our study in Philippians 3 and the two are "hand-in-hand" in emphasis.

This Lord's Day I am completing the message I started last Sunday "The Disciples Cost" from Luke 9: 57-62.  I only laid the foundation of the message is trying to correctly show the three "applicantants" to be followers of Jesus and His response to each.

These three desired followers and Jesus' response is the foundation for the concluding part of the message this Sunday morning.  I can't wait to show you why such "hard" words from Jesus to eager and willing followers are coming from Jesus.

Speaking of hard...the message last Sunday was hard for you to hear and for me to preach.  But we need to be reminded our current culture of Christianity in America is not "normal" and its only hard to us because we do have more of a "cultural" Christianity (as Dr. Charles Stanley called it in one of his books) than normal Christianity.

Sunday night I am sharing my annual message "Helping Your Child Understand Salvation."  I love helping parents and grandparents deal with their children in seeing them converted and born again.  My premise..if God did not bypass you to bring your child into the world physically, then He does want to bypass you to bring your child into spiritual life.

This message is also a MUST for all who serve with children in any ministry (Sunday School, Arrow Kids, Upward..).

No comments:

Post a Comment