Thursday, October 12, 2017

From the Shepherd's Heart....Friday, October 13, 2017

This Sunday we continue preaching through the early chapters of the book of Genesis by beginning chapter three.  I had expected to do two messages from Genesis 3 but I am planning on doing at least four at this point.  The first three will be under the same title "The Beginning of Temptation on Earth" with this Sunday looking at the Serpent.

Who is Satan?  Where did he come from?  When did he show up on earth?  What are his characteristics?  How much power does he have?  What about demons?  Can a believer be demon possessed?  How can we have victory?


Then after two times of putting this sermon off (the last time last Sunday night when we had to cancel due to Tropical Storm Nate), I thought I would not preach it.  But Tuesday while praying about it, I just sensed the Lord saying, "So you don't believe the church needs to hear about spiritual rest?" 


So this Sunday night I will go back to Genesis 2: 1-3 to speak about "The Beginning Rest."

Do you know believers are to "rest" in the Lord?  Are you resting?  What about "working for the Lord?"  Can you work and rest?

Looking forward to swinging the two-edged sword this Lord's Day.  Bring your Bible, be here for Sunday School and worship both times.  I know the Lord will be!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment