Friday, October 6, 2017

From the Shepherd's Heart....Friday, October 6, 2017

We have had a wonderful Answers in Genesis Conference last weekend that proved to be even more than I expected (and this was my second time to experience the conference plus at least three trips to The Creation Museum).

In light of that, I was second-guessing my planned and announced message "Why I Believe in a Young Earth" for this Sunday.  But after prayer, I have decided to go ahead and deliver the message.

Why?  Because I believe I will have some new and great insight that you did not hear this weekend, especially Monday night?  No.  Answers in Genesis handled the topic much better than I can.

But here are three reasons I am preaching this message:
1.  Not everyone that will be present this Sunday heard the presentations from Answers in Genesis.
2.  There is one important theological issue I have seen that AIG did not mention that I want you to see with me.
3.  You need to hear your Pastor say, "I believe in a young earth and this is why..."

So, this Sunday morning I will share this message with you.

Then Sunday night I will do the message I omitted a few Sundays ago when I added a message about the husband-wife responsibilities.  I will go back to Genesis 2: 1-3 to share about the Sabbath Day rest and what God did and what He initiated.

Due to us hosting a county-wide Dodgeball Tournament Sunday night for youth, we are going to have an abbreviated Sunday evening service.  We will start promptly at 6:00 and end at 6:30.

That way those adults serving at the Tournament can attend and those attending worship can be off the property by the time of the tournament.














No comments:

Post a Comment