Friday, April 6, 2018

From the Shepherd's Heart...Friday, April 6, 2018



I am excited to be returning to the Gospel of Luke this Sunday as a church body.  I believe the best way for a church to grow is for the pastor to lead the church through a systematic study of God's Word book-by-book, chapter-by-chapter, verse-by-verse.

II Timothy 3: 16 says "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteosness..."

All Scripture - do we really believe that?  Or just the "good" ones?  Or the ones that appeal to us?

So I have been leading our beloved church through the Gospel of Luke since January 2016.  As with the past, we have studied portions of Luke then taken a break for other preaching assignments and then would return to Luke.

We are returning by picking up in Luke 11: 14 this Sunday.  I know when we finished Luke in August we finished chapter nine.  But in previous studies, we have dealt with all of chapter ten and the Lord's teaching on prayer in chapter eleven.

So, this Sunday I am beginning with what may be some of the most important teaching I have ever done.  This Sunday the message is "Jesus, the True Exorcist" from Luke 11: 14-23.  What about an evil kingdom?  Satan?  Powers that influence us?

Then April 15 I will preach "What Jesus Believed About Demons" showing you what Jesus teaches about demons.

Then April 22 "How to Have Lasting Changing in Your Life."

All of these messages will be based on Luke 11: 14-28 and I believe God will use them to greatly impact our lives.

Sunday night I continue the short series I am doing through the book of Philemon "Responding to a Wrong" Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment