Thursday, February 14, 2008

Catching Up…..

I have not blogged as much in the past few days because we are still having internet problems at home (still on dial-up and I can’t stand it). I find it difficult to blog at the office so most of my blogging happens at home when I have a good internet connection.

We are trying out a new Verizon connection (a shameless plug since my wife works there) and it may work. I will keep you informed.

· These are exciting days for our church. This Sunday I share with our church some new directions called the “22 Principle.” Our staff, deacons and Bible study teachers approved this last year and Sunday is the revealing of it to our church body.
· I am so grateful for a church that is willing to do “new” things without a fight and even without a hint of hesitation. How God has blessed me!!! Visit us on the web here.
· I love this time of year because of basketball season that is closing for high school and soon for college. March Madness Baby!! My oldest son is an assistant coach at Southside High School in Gadsden and their team won the first area game and then lost in the championship game Monday night. I got to see both games at Ft. Payne. Tomorrow night they play at Butler in Huntsville. I look forward to seeing them again tomorrow night. Bring it on.
· Albert Mohler, President of Southern Seminary, has announced he is facing colon surgery. Please pray for him. He has withdrawn his name as a candidate for the Presidency of the Southern Baptist Convention because of this.
· Dr. Mohler posted a fine blog on Monday about “Has God Called You to Preach?” Read it here.
· I am deeply sorrowful that Dr. Mohler is facing this surgery because I’ve seen one of my best friends go through the similar; but my friend, Aaron Johnson, got news about two weeks ago that he is now 5 years cancer free. Praise the Lord!!!
· I am enjoying teaching in the North Alabama Center for New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary that meets at First Baptist Church Athens. I am teaching Hebrews and it has been so exciting. I have had the privilege of teaching for over 10 years but this may be the most exciting class I have ever conducted. For info about the classes, go to www.fbcathens.org and click on NOBTS.
· Pray for Frank Whitaker and Larry Wright and several others who left yesterday for Guatemala.

No comments:

Post a Comment