Monday, February 25, 2008

Catching Up

Yesterday was another good day of worship at CrossRoads. Any time with God’s people is good, but when the Spirit is noticeable present in the praise and the Word added with people responding for prayer, it is good.

Yesterday I reminded our people of some principles that sets CrossRoads apart as well as our understanding of offerings. The notes of the sermon “A Church of a New Wineskin” are here.

I attended the conference at First Baptist Church Muscle Shoals this weekend and had the privilege of hearing Dr. Jay Adams and David Miller. I have known Bro. David for over 20 years and it is always a blessing to set under his preaching. I have read Dr. Adams for years but never heard him in person. There is a blog that contains all the sessions of the conference and you might be interested to take some time for reading. Oh, the theme of the conference was on church discipline.

Last night I had the privilege of attending our Student Worship Service. Bro. Dan is sharing about dating, courtship, and relationships. Last night he gave the best message I have ever heard from anyone and I was blessed as a pastor that our students was hearing such instruction. Pray for Bro. Dan as he leaves Saturday for a mission trip with his home church to Guatemala.

James Dobson recently wrote in his last two monthly articles interesting comments about “parenting girls.” You might like to check them other articles and advice on his web site or at Focus on the Family.

Well I headed to Montgomery for two days for our annual Alabama Baptist State Evangelism Conference. One of my favorite singers will be singing today and that is Luke Garrett.

No comments:

Post a Comment