Saturday, March 1, 2008

Did You Know?

Tomorrow is Groundbreaking day for us. I am excited.

It’s March! and March Madness!! CBS basketball analyst Clark Kellogg is a Christian having been converted in November 1986. He was the team chaplain for the Indiana Pacers and described being saved as “freedom and a newness of purpose I can’t explain.”

Evil Knievel died in November but was saved and baptized six months before his death at the Crystal Cathedral. Knievel said, “I’ve accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour.”

Charisma magazine reported the previous two stories in their March 2008 edition. They also
featured Jackie Pullinger who has served in Hong Kong since 1966. The article quotes: “Pullinger acknowledges that at times she has considered giving up --- but only briefly. ‘I think one of the reasons people give things up is that they’re expecting to see results,’ she said. ‘That’s like ‘I put so much in, why didn’t I get so much out?’ “And that’s not how Christians live. You love people because God loved you. And you love them anyway-if you see no change, it doesn’t matter; you still do it.”

Tomorrow we begin “Week of Prayer for North American Missions.” Did you know there are 251 million unbelievers in the United States, Canada, and their territories?

No comments:

Post a Comment