Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Stop Dating the Church

Nancy Lee DeMoss is one lady that I know can preach and teach God’s Word with power, passion and purity. I daily receive her transcripts of her teachings. In her archives, I discovered these ten questions taken from Stop Dating the Church by Joshua Harris. These are ten questions you need to ask before joining a church or determining if this church is for you:

1. Is this church where God's Word is faithfully taught? (2 Tim. 3:16)
2. Is this a church where sound doctrine matters? (Acts 2:42; 2 Tim 4:3-4)
3. Is this a church in which the gospel is cherished and clearly proclaimed?
4. Is this a church committed to reaching non-Christians with the gospel? (Matt. 28:18-20)
5. Is this a church whose leaders are characterized by humility and integrity? (I Tim 3)
6. Is this a church where people strive to live by God's Word? (James 1:22)
7. Is this a church where I can find and cultivate godly relationships?
8. Is this a church where members are challenged to serve? (Eph. 4:12)
9. Is this a church that is willing to kick me out? (I Cor. 5:2; 2 Cor. 2)
10. Is this a church I'm willing to join "as is" with enthusiasm and faith in God?

No comments:

Post a Comment