Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Catching Up

We had a wonderful Sunday with Dr. Marcus Warner. Marcus is the son of Dr. Timothy Warner who was not able to come due to the illness of his wife, but we were wonderfully blessed and brought four powerful messages on our identity in Christ and a Biblical worldview.

The staff had a good lunch for Bro. Tom yesterday and this is his last week with us. We are going to miss he and Pam. Sunday is their last day with us.

This is one of the best weekends for sports in the whole year - yes, better than Super Bowl or Alabama/Auburn football. March Madness - I will share my picks for the weekend here tomorrow but I can't do it today because some of my friends who I am competing against will see my picks and steal my wisdom (haha). So I will post in the morning.

Another reason this is a GREAT weekend is I HAVE TICKETS TO THE FIRST ROUND IN BIRMINGHAM for the Friday games. My dear preacher friend, Bro. Don Graham, will meet me there as well as my son, Keith. I can't wait to see Tennessee, Butler, Louisville, and St. Joseph's. (No, that is not my picks - or is it?)

The pastors at CLBA have also had to turn in their brackets so I have already picked all the way through the championship and had to online with my friends. But here, I will pick weekend by weekend - I won't look quite as foolish that way.

Resurrection Sunday is coming!! Tonight, we are having a farewell fellowship for Tom and Pam and are going to do a service of remembrance around the tables. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment