Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009

Christmas Eve 2009. As we think of Christmas - there is only one thing. I was listening to one of the morning talk shows this week and when they were leaving the segment with their secular, Hollywood star guest, they expressed to each other their desire for each to enjoy Christmas and all it means. The "star" quickly and laughingly said, "Yes, family." Family is all that Christmas means to her.


I thank God for my family, but Christmas is MUCH MORE than that. It is the awesome wonder that God became man and dwelt among us. In the debate of life on other planets, the one question that should be asked them if there is "Have you been visited by the Son of God, too?"

Jesus came through a virgin's womb. He became man.

Paul Harvey tells my number one favorite non-Biblical Christmas story. I have used this with his actual voice on a Christmas Eve service as well as telling the story myself (though not as good). Take a few minutes today or tomorrow, and listen again to Paul Harvey telling "The Birds."

And Merry Christmas to all of our friends and family. We love you.

www.kffb.com



No comments:

Post a Comment