Sunday, December 20, 2009

Thanking God for CrossRoads

I'm just sitting here tonight watching it get dark so early (can't wait til these days are over) with the Christmas lights going it the background. I am "cleaning up" from notes and details of the normal Sunday; but I am thinking.

I am thinking about how grateful I am that God has given me the privilege to pastor CrossRoads Baptist Church. Today, is a great example. It is cold in Alabama. It is the Sunday before Christmas and many have left to be with family out of town; others are having Christmas gatherings today; some are your most regulars are sick and going through chemo - and you just think today might be a "throw away" day.

But it sure wasn't. God showed up. The Spirit of God was so real as was given testimony at the end by one of our precious ladies. Preaching was easy and encouraged greatly by the response of the people. Folks responded to the altar with no singing of a hymn, just obeying the Spirit. The music was good and lifted our hearts to glory.

What a joy to serve with our leadership. Mrs. Shae Walton, our Children's Pastor, is simply the best. Even though we have vacancies at music and students, Mrs. Debra Williamson is leading us well as our interim music minister. She has such a heart for God and letting the Spirit lead.

Then our deacons serve this church so well. I have had the privilege of serving with some of these men now over five years and others less time (due to us ordaining new ones). These men have stood in the fire and against the fire. I have never sensed a personal agenda among them and they are willing to do whatever it takes for the best of the church.

CrossRoads is not a perfect church, no church is. I am not and no one else is. But perfection is never been the standard. It's availability and openness to God allowing His Spirit to lead and work through us.

I am not a lucky man. I am a blessed man.

So, CrossRoads - from your pastor; I love you and thank God for you. May you have some quiet moments with God this Christmas week that will draw you even closer to "His bleeding side" and cause you to love Him more. Merry Christmas dear church family.

No comments:

Post a Comment