Thursday, August 6, 2015

From the Shepherd's Heart - August 6, 2015

I am enjoying the series "Setting the Pace."  This past Sunday I used some quotes that I want to highlight again:


Richard Lucas, "People cannot know Christ better without knowing the Scriptures better.  It is only through an expository ministry that the Word of God can be fully known:  and it is only through the Word of God that Christ can be fully known.  There is no short cut here for busy - lazy pastors or impatient - undisciplined - believers.  Such Bible teaching and Bible study is the crying need of the church today."

Then from Sunday night I offered this challenge:  "Pray you don't die until you get outside the borders of the United States for the sake of the Gospel."

One that I forgot from Sunday night:  "Headquarters of the Kingdom of God is the local church." And if Jesus was on earth today, He would be a member of a local church.  Just don't think it would be yours lest you become prideful.  Haha.

On other notes....

I am sorry it is taking so long to get the sermons up on the web.  There is difficulty on two parts...my former church is getting them off their web site and our church in getting a web site up.  As soon as these issues are resolved, my sermons will be on the web each week.

Also, I will put my sermon notes on my web site very soon. I hope to have them by next week.  I will let you know when they are available.

This Sunday:
10:15 - "The Presentation"  Colossians 1: 28-29  Setting the Pace Series #3
Did you know your Pastor will be judged for how he pastors?  leads?  We'll talk about it.

6:00 - "Exclusiveness of the Gospel" Galatians 1: 6-10  First Base as a Church Series #3

Wednesday - August 12 - I will finish the teaching on the Sovereignty of God.  

One final note...pray for me as I am preparing to teach on the Doctrine of Jesus at three Pastor Conferences in southern Africa.  I leave September 1 and return September 17.  I need your prayers for time to prepare and for the actual study.

Love you;
Blessings;
David

No comments:

Post a Comment