Saturday, August 3, 2024

This Lord's Day (August 4, 2024) at Rainsville First Baptist Church

I'm back from Sabbatical.  What an unusual experience for a pastor who is accustomed to being deeply involved in the day-to-day operations of the church and people's lives.  But God provided both physical and mental rest.  

I'm not sure how much I will continue to blog.  I have blogged three times a week for several months now.  I will continue to blog on the weekend about the Lord's Day at Rainsville First and I'll see in the coming days whatever I will do.

Tomorrow we gather for worship at Rainsville First Baptist Church.  Roxanne and I look forward to being back with the Rainsville First Family.  

I announced to the church in June I felt compelled to preach this message when I returned and I still do.  So tomorrow I will share "Leading Your Child to Christ."  This is not a new message. In fact, the first time I preached it at RFBC was August 16, 2015, and tomorrow will be the fifth time.  I believe it is that important.

This is the premise the Lord gave me several years ago.  If the parents are followers of Jesus Christ and He did not bypass them to bring their children into the world physically, then He doesn't want to bypass them to bring their children into their spiritual world.

God wants to use the parents to lead their children to Christ.  I look forward to sharing this message again.

Also tomorrow I will begin the "heavy" preparation for our 'Times of Spiritual Renewal" services coming up August 18-20 with Dr. Jeff LaBorg.  We will also pray over all our teachers, staff, bus drivers, coaches, lunchroom personnel and administrators as another school year begins.

On Wednesday, August 7 several of our members who have been on missions this summer will be sharing in the 6:00 service.  All the youth and adults will be meeting together in the Auditorium.



No comments:

Post a Comment