Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday, May 23

As you know I use this avenue to communicate personal items from my life and family, to post "thoughts" that I receive as I read and devotional thoughts (there have not been many of these postings here for awhile - we go in seasons, don't we?) and church related items.

Let me continue to post concerning church related items today.

I saw Reagan and Allen yesterday in Birmingham. Reagan has had two "uneventful" days which is good news for them. They have received the official word that she is totally paralyzed from her neck down and our heart grieves with them. Pray for their strength and for continual wisdom. They are still anticipating her being there 4-6 (possibly 8) weeks.

Darrin English is leading music for us Sunday and I have asked him to preach, as well. I knew him as an effective communicator of the Word before I knew of his music leadership abilities. But when I was told he was free to lead our music, I secured him but with the understanding that it was just music. Well, God has not let me get away from this impression the last two days that he needs to preach Sunday. So, I'm glad to announce Bro. Darrin will be leading music and preaching for us Sunday. I look forward to it!!

It is Graduate Honor Service Sunday for us as well. Bro. Dan will be honoring our graduates. We have six: Jessica Butler, Florence Christian Academy; Seth Chambers, Brooks High School; Amanda Davis, Clements High School; Mitch Farris, Brooks High School; Brittany Harvey, Lexington High School and Caleb Roden, Brooks High School. We are proud of you all and wish you God's very best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment