Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday, May 13

This past Sunday in my message I made reference to this story. Let me give you the “correct” version of it here.

Prior to his conversion, Augustine lived with a mistress. After his conversion, she met him on the street:

“Aurelio, Aurelio,” she calls out to him. He continues walking, ignoring her calls. She runs to him, grabs him: “Aurelio, what is the matter? It is I.” To which he responds: “The matter, dear lady, is that it is not I.”

Was it Augustine? In one sense, yes. In another sense, no. He was a new man. The old man, the old unregenerate Augustine, had died to sin. He was buried. But a new man, the regenerated Augustine, was alive to God by the resurrection of Jesus Christ in Him.

You can read the entire message here.

Update on the McBrides:

I spoke with Allen yesterday. He and Brennen are flying home today for him to return to work. There is a strong possibility that Reagan will be flown to Birmingham tomorrow or the first of next week. I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment