Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hearing God's Voice

I have had the privilege of hearing (via CD) Henry Blackaby and Richard Owen Roberts as they spoke last Labor Day (2008) for the Texas Baptist Men's annual conference.  Here are some quotes that impacted me greatly as they were teaching all weekend on II Chron. 7:14 and the subject of revival.

"America waits for the church to have revival."  Henry Blackaby

Concerning hearing God's voice:  "If you don't know the difference between hearing God's voice and yours, you are at trouble at the heart of the Christian life." Henry Blackaby

Isaiah 57:15 "For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy:  I dwell in the high and holy place, with him who has a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones."  

"Revival comes suddenly."  Henry Blackaby

Bro. Blackaby made one of the most bold statements about revival in churches that I have ever heard.  I will not repeat it here because somebody would accuse me of being anti-mega church.  But let me say, as I heard it, I examined my own life and attitude.  This is what God said to me from what Bro. Blackaby said, "God will not send a genuine revival to your church if you ever take any credit for anything that is going on.  God will not share His glory with any person, church or denomination.  You can't have pride and revival at the same time.  It is impossible."

No comments:

Post a Comment